Thursday 26 February 2015

Evaluation Task Three: Conclusion



What have I learned from my audience feedback?

 I have learned from my audience feedback that I have constructed an intended star image and an effective campaign. My target audience of pre-teens and teenagers has informed me what went well, for example, they liked the parts of my video when the powder paint was in use. They also suggested areas for development such as not having long shots of the singers just singing as this can get boring. If I was to make any future changes, I would have more slow motion shots of the powder paint as this was the favourite part of my music video.

Taking note of the audience feedback I understand how the audience inform me of the success of the campaign is and allowed me time to make adjustments to the campaign before it went to distribution. Audience feedback is important market research in post-production to see if I created the right star image and marketed this purposefully. As Henry Jenkins informs us that we live in a participatory culture, where fans and audiences are important in circulating meaning and the strength of media message.

I also recognise that my audience has engaged with the meanings in my music videos in different ways, bringing their own contexts to the reading of the star image, as what Hall argues as reception theory. I can understand how my audience can either reinforce of challenge intended meanings in the text.




No comments:

Post a Comment